Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Shopping, Cooking, EBay-ing!

I just had a few agenda items for yesterday, but it seemed to take a lot more time to get them accomplished. One item didn't make it: practicing the cello.

I am happy that I took on a task usually handled by Michael: grocery shopping and cooking dinner. I make Turkish Lentil Stew, a recipe from the Moosewood Cookbook: Sundays at Moosewood. This collection of vegetarian meals made by visiting chefs to the restaurant in Ithaca, NY, has been a mainstay in my small kitchen library. The Lentil Stew is a winner with a loaf of crusty bread and a nice wine.

The biggest project of the day is carrying over into day:
researching and posting to EBay several 1940's vintage Nancy Ann Story Book Dolls from my neighbor Juli. I've learned a lot! Six of the dolls were posted last night; they are the ones in the best condition. The balance will be posted today.

HOWEVER, cello practice comes first. The break yesterday gave me some recuperative time for my arthritic thumb joints, but I'm feeling much better today and am looking forward to getting my legs around my instrument again!

No comments:

Post a Comment