Thursday, December 20, 2012

Gifts from my kitchen

First loaves: a little odd looking, but delicious.
While visiting with my daughter and her family in Richmond, Virginia, I was treated to delicious home-made sourdough bread from her kitchen.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and asked for some "starter" to take home with me.  Many of you have heard me say "I'm not much of a bread eater", but I believe all that has changed.

After refining my technique, I tried a whole wheat recipe from the KitchenAide Cookbook.  This recipe uses fast acting yeast so we had bread by the end of one day, rather than a day and a half with "natural yeast" sourdough.  I made three sets of this recipe: we're eating them faster than I can wrap them up for bread!
Whole Wheat Bread














Finally, the "Hearty Herb Loaf".  This recipe is from a bag of Bob's Red Mill Unbleached White Flour.  We like the multi-grain qualities of this bread.  It's moist (minced fresh onion is included) and has a fine grain with a delicate herb favor.







No comments:

Post a Comment