Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bl. Mary Helen MacKillop

Another woman of courage, substance and spirit who had to endure excommunication from the Roman Catholic church for "insubordination".  She has my gratitude and admiration.

For Mary MacKillop God's will was her guiding principle.."To me the Will of God is a dear book which I am never tired of reading, which has always some new charm for me...I cannot tell you what a beautiful thing the Will of God seems to me."   When overcome by sadness she clung to the Will of God as her only support:"  [I] was so weary of the struggle, and felt so utterly alone, could not pray or say my ordinary Rosaries, only offered my weary heart's trials to my God.."    excerpt from the prayers for Tuesday of Week IV in the People's Companion to the Breviary.

No comments:

Post a Comment