Thursday, February 25, 2010

A night with me


OK.  Michael's with the guys for poker night.  I'm watching Forrest Gump (AMC so there's commercials) and enjoying a bottle of Trader Joe's Coastal Chardonnay 2008.  It takes me back to my Portland, Oregon days, when my sister, Marilyn, was flying into Portland every summer from Taipei, and staying with me and Michael for a week or so before flying home to Maryland to visit our folks.

That summer of 1994 we picked her up at PDX and, after dinner with my daughter, went directly to the theater to see Forrest Gump.  I loved it then and love it still:  a great movie with an awesomely  memorable sound track.  It really takes me back....

2 comments:

  1. What a kick to read your comment and smile at the Cold Comfort Farm connection. I just read your profile and was amazed at the similarites. Wines of Michigan, who knew? Also just started to read Gilbert's new book "Comitted". I noticed you listed "Eat Pray Love" as one of your favs, which I also really liked. I'll keep checking your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister introduced me to Cold Comfort Farm and many other great titles. We're both video buffs and love to put together our own little film festivals for our "summer sister bonding" days. CCF is always included along with the new stuff; I never get tired of seeing it!

    Let me know what you think of "Committed." My husband gave me "Eat Pray Love" for my birthday a couple of years ago. This might be a good follow up for my birthday in April.

    Peg

    ReplyDelete