Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'm still at it....

For those who have asked about my cello study, I know I haven't posted on that for a while.  However, I'm still pursuing the study of this wonderful instrument, although I'm still a few years away from making it sound wonderful.  Soon after we arrived in Portland last February, I found a new teacher to take the place of my beautiful Rebecca Caulk in Fredericksburg.

Anna Fritz, a member of the Portland Cello Project, took me on in April and has been a great guide for me in the cello world.  I've also joined a beginner adult string quarter (there's actually seven of us) to improve our sight reading and ensemble skills.  No performing.

OK, so it might be a while before my cello playing will be something someone might want to listen to, but I just want to let you know:  I'm still at it!

Peg, Angela, Mona, Dennis, Roderick, Tom and Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment