Monday, August 9, 2010

Deeper Than Words - Living the Apostles' Creed

  Deeper Than Words: Living the Apostles' CreedDeeper Than Words: Living the Apostles' Creed by David Steindl-Rast
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a challenging "read" for me, like trying to play a piece of music without sufficient proficiency.  But I have grown spiritually none the less.  On a basic level, Steindle-Rast puts into words my understanding of FAITH that I have not been able to adequately and articulately express.  An excellent review can be found in the "Far From Rome" blog, the source of my discovery of DTW. http://farfromrome.blogspot.com/2010/07/...

"It has well been said that we must choose between taking the Gospels seriously or literally.  If we read them with a sense for poetry, we will not be able to dodge their serious challenge.  We will be moved by the strength and tenderness, the revolutionary fervor and fervent pacifism of the towering figure of Jesus alive with the very Life-breath of God. Then all that is best in us will be stirred not only by his example, but by the stirring of his very SPIRIT within us."  p.66

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment